[intense_row padding_top="60px" nogutter="1"] [intense_column size="12" medium_size="12" small_size="12" extra_small_size="12"]
[intense_promo_box border="1px solid #cccccc" background_color="#f2f2f2"]
Doling out everything that an electric guitar newbie could possibly require for less than a hundred bucks, the Davison Guitars Beginner Starter Package with a full-size electric guitar (39”) is super-alluring from the very outset. While many so-called beginners packages reek of inferior quality, this full size black electric guitar plus accessories combo strives to deliver complete bang for your buck. And that’s exactly why this thrifty, but high value electric guitar package has garnered massive popularity, and has been featured in ‘Top 5 Electric Guitar Beginner Packs’ across most reputed websites.
Sturdily constructed with a solid basswood body, bolted maple neck and rosewood fretboard, this black electric guitar has an attractive glossy finish. The list of add-ons include a high quality Hollinger BC-08 practice Amplifier (10 Amp), string-winder cable, strap, gig bag and pitch-pipe picks. The intonation as well as playability of the Davison full size electric guitar has been enhanced owing to its single, high quality humbucker pickup, chrome bridge system and diecast tuners. Last but not the least, the practice amp is suitably equipped with a headphones jack for noise-free practice sessions, as well as an overdrive mode for cool distortions! Don't forget it's always best to start with beginner lessons to get used to your guitar.
- Complete guitar package: This electric guitar kit includes a...
- Full size electric guitar: Davison's stunning full-size 39"...
- 10W Amplifier included: Included with this electric guitar...
Review and Experience
As a new learner, the biggest reason for you wanting to begin with a full-sized guitar as opposed to a slender Stratocaster or a stylish Les Paul, has to do with your love for classic heavy rock tones. In this day and age, when you have scores of guitars with dizzying combinations of single-coil and humbucker pickups, along with complex toggle options, the Davison Full Size Black Electric Guitar keeps it really straight and simple. This is one of the few electric guitars that I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing straight out of the box, with hardly any setting required. And lest I skip the most important purchasing criteria here, you are not just buying a 39” electric guitar but a full-fledged Davison Guitar Beginner Starter Package. So you have a lot more going for that hundred bucks you spend, with a cool gig bag, strap, guitar picks as well as a compact amplifier and cable.
Now that we’re done with the construction, let me discuss the pivotal aspect of playability itself. Having conducted scores of guitar lessons both online and offline, I am for one well aware of the fact that it only takes a few tiresome sessions with a bulky, full size guitar to scare them away from their lessons forever! Therefore, your first ever guitar choice is extremely important. A beginner’s guitar needs to be user-friendly and high on playability. On both these accounts, the Davisson Full Size Black Electric Guitar scores high. Not only is it lightweight and comfortable to wrap your fingers around, but also has a very neat and simplistic design to enables beginners for learning faster. The presence of a single Humbucker Pickup and the invariable absence of a pickup toggle, is not a hindrance but in fact a positive aspect of getting your grasp over your first electric guitar.
The next most important review criteria for any electric guitar, is its sound. Please allow me to be very clear here that this guitar is mostly suited for heavy rock tones, aggressive higher leads and chugging, crazy distortions. If you are more interested in a crisp, jazzy tone, maybe you should opt for a beginner’s Stratocaster electric guitar like Squier by Fender, instead. Having said that, this instrument sounds great in its genre, and also remains in tune for long periods, so you don’t have to worry about manually tuning it. Yes, the string tension is higher as compared to a 24.75” Stratocaster or XX Les Paul, but in a way this challenges electric guitar novices to acquire greater mastery over their notes!
Finally moving over to the flipside, there is a certain issue with the amplifier which I’m not quite able to understand. Don’t get me wrong, it is a very good 10 Amp Amplifier from Hollinger, but somehow you get this buzzing noise when you set it in full volume. At a lower volume however, it sounds just fine. Even the distortion button works well, and helps you work up some pretty cool effects. All other accessories work fine, and aid your growth as a fresh learner.
[intense_content_box background="#f2f2f2" icon="ok" icon_stack_color="#2f8a3d"]
- Dirt-cheap considering that you are getting a basic full size guitar + decent practice amp + cable + strap + gig bag + picks for under right around the hundred dollar mark
- Very basic design and simplistic controls for learners to grasp their lessons faster
- Despite being a full size 39”, it is not too heavy and can be managed by learners of all age groups
- Presence of single Humbucker Pickup and (obviously) no pickup toggle switch eases out the playability quotient
- Despite being a top-notch 10 Amp Amplifier, it is extremely lightweight and portable to carry around for gigs, lessons etc
- In-built Overdrive/Distortion Button in the Amplifier is awesome for those riveting special effects
[intense_content_box background="#f2f2f2" icon="minus" icon_stack_color="#ff0000"]
- On raising volume, Amplifier emanates a slight buzzing noise which diminishes the overall experience
- A beginner’s pack that’s only intended for absolute novices and cannot be upgraded
- Owing to full-length of 39”, string tension is on the higher side and this affects the playability
- Guitar Strap Holders are not as firmly fastened as required
[intense_content_box background="#f2f2f2" icon="list" margin_bottom="20px"]
- Solid-body type, full-scale electric guitar (39”) with strong basswood body, bolted maple neck and rosewood fingerboard
- Single, Humbucker Pickup for ease of playing and hum-free sound
- Diecast Tuners and Chrome Guitar Bridge System for hassle-free intonation
- Accessories include Hollinger BC-08 Practice Amplifier (10 Amps), string-winder cable, strap, gig bag and pitch-pipe picks
- Amplifier has designated Headphones Jack and Overdrive Button for Distortions and variation of Rock Tones
- Elegant Black Contoured Body with Glossy Finish and approximate dimensions of 46 x 18 x 5 inches
As compared to the musical giants like Epiphone and Fender, Davison Guitars is just a family-owned, small-scale manufacturer. But the reason for the Davison Guitars Beginner Starter Package becoming an Amazon Bestseller, is the fact that it provides beginners with the opportunity to begin with a simple, decent-sounding and easy-to-manage full-scale electric guitar. You also needn’t scurry around for the necessary add-ons that are required. Neither do you need to decide and pick between a stylish Les Paul or Stratocaster. Starting off in full-scale certainly strengthens you as a learner. Now, not many electric guitar starter combos or bundles offer that kind of value; despite certain shortcomings, this product is here to stay. Not only can it fit your requirements, but it’s even ideal for gifting purposes!
[intense_promo_box]Not the right choice for you? Check out our electric guitar reviews hub![/intense_promo_box]